Monday, August 26, 2013

Vegan BBQ Mac & Cheese Pizza

This pizza "recipe" was made from Amy's soy mac & cheese, Gardein BBQ pulled pork shreds, and Stubbs BBQ sauce.  We used a prepared dough for the crust.


Have you ever seen pizza....on weeeeeeeed?

Allie: This is possibly the best thing I've ever tasted.  When I'm feeling lazy I always grab an Amy's mac & cheese (No, I was not paid to say that, but I'm open to offers.  Hit me up, Amy!  P.S. I love you.) and it is always gooey, cheesy, and decadent.  I don't know where I got the brilliant idea to spread it on a pizza, but I am more proud of this idea than I am of my law degree (Diploma pizza?  Pleh!).  We used whole wheat pizza dough because we are obviously healthy and into nutrition and fiber and whatnot.  In an interesting turn of events, Brian single-handedly assembled and baked this pizza because something (gin and tonic) happened to me.  We couldn't make it on the grill because Mothra's spawn somehow invaded our corn meal but I can safely say it couldn't possibly have been any better.   I would give this 6 out of 5 slices but there are rules.  So, 5 slices.

Brian: We’re mac! I mean back! Apologies for the long delay between posts, which have been primarily due to my own negligence (Allie has been dutifully writing blog reviews which have gone unpublished, maybe a future lost letters of AJ edition?) Well trust me when I say the adventure buddying did NOT go away, as there has been camping, dinners, adventures and buddying galore. I could not be happier to make our triumphant return with this entry.

Did you know that Einstein discovered the theory of relativity when he was just too tired to do something else? No? Well, that’s probably because it’s not true. However, this pizza is evidence that sometimes something great (and I consider this on par with ANY so-called scientific breakthrough) can happen when you just don’t want to do something else.  The original plan was to make a pizza with roasted garlic, veggies, maybe some vegan cheese and various other things I no longer recall. At the last minute though, we decided it would be a far better idea to just dump some amy’s mac and vegan BBQ shreds on some dough and chuck it in the oven. Boy did we ever choose the right path. This was contender for best pizza we have ever made. The amy’s mac, while vegan, was still creamy and decadent enough to serve as a topping and sauce for this pizza. We did add some extra BBQ sauce to the shreds, but I don’t even know if that was totally necessary, as I think this pizza would have been plenty moist without it. Allie had one slice plus a few bites and I absolutely HOUSED the rest of it. Quite frankly I was ready for more afterwards too! This will most definitely continue to be a regular arrow in our quiver of delicious food…archery…. 5 OUT OF 5 SLICES!

No comments:

Post a Comment